Nail Art for Beginners
Nail art is growing in popularity especially as more and more do-it-yourselfers find and share more inventive and creative ways to paint their nails! From classic French manicures to the funky, artsy, more intricate designs, nail art is showing up everywhere and not just produced by professional salons. One of the most popular and easy nail art designs to recreate is the leopard print.
For a night out on the town or just chilling out, leopard print nails are an easy way to dress up your nails. Your nail art will need some time to dry, so make sure it's one of the last things you do before you dress up to go out or do it the night before! After all, the last thing you want is for your nail art to smudge on your outfit, or for the paint to get into your hair when you are brushing it, especially if you've just visited your local salon to get your hair professionally done in a cool style you saw on a Rush London or Toni and Guy hair model.
So if you're trying to do your own nail art for the first time, then here is a simple tutorial to get you started:
Leopard Print Nails
Color polish of your choice for leopard print
Base polish color to coincide with leopard print
1. Wash your hands with soap and water, then file your nails so that they are even and neat. Make sure to file nails in one direction.
2. Apply a base coat. Allow to dry.
3. Apply your base color twice. Wait for them to dry.
4. Flatten down both ends of a toothpick and dip one end into some black polish. Press the end of the toothpick to your nails and make two or three spots.
5. With the other flattened end of the toothpick, dip it in the color you chose for the leopard print. Draw detached lines around the black spot to finish your leopard print look.
6. Do the print to however many fingers you want and wait for them to dry.
7. Finish your look by applying a layer of top coat over your nails. This will seal the nail design and hold the design longer. Top with a coat of glitter polish, if desired.
**This is a sponsored post/ad**