Hi :) I have some lacy nails to show y'all today. I feel like these pictures make it hard to tell if there's lace on top of the nails. But the thumb and a middle finger is just glitter; which is also hard to tell because of the flash --;; I'm horrible at taking pictures. Definitely will try to improve that.
Anyways, I used China Glaze Shocking Pink (Neon) as the base color, lace from Michael's, nail glue, Zoya Anchor basecoat and Poshe topcoat.
Lace nails are tricky, and these took me a long time to complete. I definitely got the hang of it on the second hand lol.
Here's the process I did to make these nails happen:
1. Apply basecoat.
2. Apply base color.
3. Working finger by finger, start by cutting a small piece of lace out (but big enough to cover your nail).
4. Apply a thin layer of your stickiest topcoat or basecoat. This acts as the glue for the lace. It doesn't work just to place the lace on your nails and apply topcoat on top.
5. Using a small pair of cosmetic scissors, cut off the excess lace going around your natural nail shape.
6. Then to reinforce the lace edge (so it wouldn't fray as soon you washed your hands in hot water), I went around the lace border with nail glue to really anchor it down.
7. Repeat these steps to all your nails or however many nails you decide to cover with lace.
8. Apply your topcoat to seal. I did this twice to make the surface a little smooth.
My friend said these nails lasted her about 3-4 days. I can't imagine it to stay on long especially if you wash your hands a lot. They're just pretty the first day. haha. I'm definitely gonna experiment with different methods to see if I can extend the life of this mani. I just bought gel nail resin and brush on gel glue to experiment with on rhinestones which might make the lace stick better too.
That's all for now. Thanks for looking <3 Enter my giveaway if you haven't already :)